Sunday, February 25, 2018

AG Hair | Natural: First Impressions


     I received an E-Mail from CosmoProf (a hair heaven for licensed professionals) that they were offering a free travel kit of the new AG Hair Natural line, and I was all in! I figured this would be a great kit to test out for a review since I use a number of products from the AG brand that I love. First, let me touch on the adorable packaging. The light nudist-pink back ground and palm leaves are speaking to my esthetic. I find this to be a very trendy packaging, and it goes perfect with the "natural" theme AG is trying to achieve. I also want to quickly note before diving into each product that the line is "formulated with 96-98% plant-based, naturally derived ingredients including apple cider vinegar and a blend of essential oils." AG also states it is "ideal for all hair types" and is "perfect for color-treated hair."

Balance Shampoo: Gently cleanses the hair and scalp. Organic apple cider vinegar naturally closes the hair cuticle for additional shine and organic argan oil and aloe vera further smooth and moisturize. Directions: Massage into wet hair. Rinse and repeat as desired.
Balance Shampoo Review: Though this shampoo is sulfate-free, it still lathers which I enjoy! It provides a good cleaning and rinses out easily, but I wouldn't say it left my hair smooth and moisturized... it felt a little rough. Clean, but rough. It also smells something like a lemon-verbena candle and I am not even mad about it!

Boost Conditioner: AG's boost conditioner combines coconut oil, mango seed butter, rosehip oil and hydrolyzed quinoa with the abundant benefits of organic apple cider vinegar to help nourish, detangle, smooth the hair cuticle and seal in moisture. Directions: Massage into clean, damp hair for 1-3 minutes. Comb through. Rinse.
Boost Conditioner Review: This is not a silky conditioner like other ones I use, but it still manages to do the job of detangling the hair with a little work (combing it through). I left it on for 5 minutes and it rinsed out easily. It did not leave a residue or slippy feel to the hair; my hair felt like... hair-- no tangles but not the smoothest run through ever. Personally I find this smells mildly of bazooka bubble gum.

Remedy Mist: Detangle, reduce frizz and add shine while balancing the pH of hair and scalp with the help of organic apple cider vinegar, hydrolyzed quinoa, organic argan oil and sugar cane extract. Directions: Spray in clean, damp hair. Do not wash out. Blow or air dry hair and style as usual.
Remedy Mist Review: This product has a nice light spritz with a lot of power. It immediately provided slip for the hair unlike the conditioner. This felt like it was conditioning the hair and reminded me a lot of a liquified version of the It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Treatment (which is more of a lotion). The mist smells like the shampoo, just a little more faint!

RoseHip Balm: Makes both blow drying and air drying more manageable. Rosehip oil helps smooth, calm and seal the hair cuticle. Organic apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, mango seed butter and hydrolyzed quinoa help eliminate frizz, rebuild strength and add shine and elasticity. Directions: Apply a quarter sized amount to clean, damp hair (focusing more on ends), comb hair and blow or air dry. Style as usual.
RoseHip Balm Review: Left my damp hair with a smooth feel at first. I chose to air-dry my hair and this product made it waxy once it was fully dry. I find this to be like an air-dry texturizing cream, but it does not leave my hair feeling like other products I use with the same purpose. It has a familiar, clean smell but I can't pin-point what it is!

Dry Lift: Texture and volume paste. Directions: Emulsify a small amount in hands and apply to the roots on the hair.
Dry Lift Review: This product is smooth and creamy to the touch, but has a gritty texture in the hair. I find that this is great to piece the hair out, but I am not too sure about the volume aspect on roots because this is something I ever do to my hair. It smells like citronella (not potent) which I personally enjoy!

     I used all these products as directed, and the next day... my hair was super shiny! So, what did I like? Of all the products I tried (based on what I know I like to use and how I like my products to preform) I would probably only purchase the Balance Shampoo and the Remedy Mist. The conditioner just was not heavy enough for me, I prefer conditioners that allow my fingers to easily glide on through my hair, which was not the case with the Boost Conditioner. The RoseHip Balm felt waxy, and I am not one to use texture pastes on a regular basis-- however if you are, this is a good one! If you tried out the line... what did you like/dislike and why?


Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig