Monday, February 26, 2018

Yeezy Blue Tints | The Splurge Series


     I got in! On December 16, 2017... I was making a protein pancake when I glanced up at the clock on my oven and saw it was 11:03. I knew the Blue Tints were releasing at 11:00 sharp that day, so I told my dad to keep an eye on my pancake while I ran upstairs and grabbed my iPad. I logged onto the Adidas website and was sent directly to the "waiting room." Adidas lets people in at random in order to purchase Yeezys... trying to keep it fair for everyone and avoid site crashing. I have sat on the Adidas site before for hours in the dreadful waiting room, until all pairs were sold out and I "x"-ed out of the screen with nothing but wasted time.

     Fifteen minutes into waiting, I saw my screen go white and the purchase page loaded. I freaked out. I was telling my dad I got in and was scrambling for my credit card. I had to refer to the size chart before ordering and it said a Yeezy men's size 8 would be equivalent to the fit of a Yeezy women's size 9. I ordered the 8 and waited for the confirmation E-Mail. I got them! A few days later I got my shipping confirmation and a few days after that... they arrived at my door! I did not know if I was going to keep them, but then I slipped my foot into them and felt that they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on.


     In terms of looks, they are Yeezys. They have a very unique design to them, and they remind me of a bearded dragon's head to be completely honest. The actual design of the shoe and it's reptile resemblance does not bother me... they are actually cute in a very strange way! I do  l o v e  the color way. I love the aqua tint mixed with the charcoal pattern and high resolution red SPLY side writing. As for sizing, with a thicker sock these will be a great fit, but I am sure I could have gone a half size down for a more snug/truer fit. Overall, I am beyond thrilled I got my hands on these. I cannot wait to wear them out... I'm just waiting for better weather!

     As for the title of this post... you will not see this "series" too often. I am not one to splurge on items, actually... I think I have splurged on something maybe four times in the past six years. Lucky for me I got these babies for their regular retail value of $220, and you are out of your mind if you think I would go out of my way to buy them for what eBay users are trying to sell them for. No thanks! The regular price is already giving me heartburn. What do you guys think about these sneakers? Not your cup of tea? Were you loving them and unfortunately missed out... or perhaps you like them but refuse to pay the hefty price?



Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig