Sunday, February 25, 2018

Beauty Battle: Air-Dry Texturizing Creams

     Hello again everyone! I am going back to a hair-related post because I noticed a lot of texturizing air-dry creams coming out that are new to the market from many professional brands such as Sebastian, Matrix, Redken, and AG (just to name the few brands I am aware of, though I am sure they are many others)! I want to talk about each product I tried from each brand and I will do so below, but first I need to go over my hair type! I have natural hair... meaning no chemical processes (colors, bleach, perms, relaxers, Brazilian blow-outs, ect.)... and my individual hair strands are fine, but I have a ton of hair so it feels thick. The natural texture of my hair is a subtle, frizzy wave that I am able to easily curl and/or straighten with heat!

     I am trying to grow my hair long and strong with regular trims to keep it healthy and manageable! I cannot get away with wearing my natural hair to work, but I really would prefer to avoid going through my entire head with an iron. At my place of work, we started getting in some new products and they intrigued me... as I previously said they are creams that are applied to damp hair (most excess water removed) and aid in forming waves/curls while the hair air dries. I have four to review so lets get started!

     Please note: With each product I apply it after my hair oil to damp hair (excess water squeezed out with a towel), brush it through, and then scrunch it up toward my scalp. I then let my hair air-dry and put it up in a loose bun to go to sleep. My results are all based on the morning after when I took my hair down.


Sebastian Whipped Creme is "a luxurious nourishing styler perfect to define bouncing curls and soft waves. Whips up sensual curvaceous shapes, while conditioning and protecting your hair for a silky soft gloss, shiny finish, without leaving hair dry or crunchy." This one provides a conditioned feel to my hair. It makes it feel soft and bouncy with loose waves. I did run through my hair to add a few curls with an iron because I wanted a little more definition in it. The Whipped Creme contains 5.3oz of product and retails for $19.96! (I have a more in-depth post on this a few posts back)!


Matrix Style Link Wild Boho Texturizing Air‑Dry Cream is said to "texturize and enhance natural shape of hair for an effortless, tousled look. No heat needed, no fuss, all the texture! Effortless, tousled texture faster and easier!" The Wild Boho cream leaves my hair with a product-feel (I can still feel the product in it), but I personally do not mind because there is no claim stating you won't feel it. It doesn't feel horrible, some pieces just feel a little dry/stiff but I normally brush through those ones so they soften up. The product itself gives a good mix of waves and curls in my hair but I did run through with a straightener to tame a few pieces down/fix a few curls.
* Additional products in the Matrix Style Link Boho line include the Style Link Twisted Boho Curl Defining Air-Dry Cream and the Style Link Chill Boho Smoothing Air-Dry Cream. Each product is supposed to provide a different texture result and retails at $18.00 per bottle (3.4oz).


Redken No Blow Dry (NBD) Just Right Cream For Medium Hair is said to "provide frizz control and enhance movement while leaving hair with a no product feel. New Air-Tex technology with quick dry polymers and flex polymers allow for accelerated air dry time with amazing style, natural movement and weightless control." This product provided more curls than waves and again left a similar product residue feel to the hair (even though it says it won't); however, I did not find any dry/stiff feeling pieces in my hair with this one! Again, I did run through with a straightener to tame a few pieces down/fix a few curls!
* Additional products in the Redken No Blow Dry (NBD) line include the No Blow Dry Airy Cream For Fine Hair and the No Blow Dry Bossy Cream For Coarse, Wild Hair. Each product is intended to provide a similar result based on natural hair texture (fine, medium, coarse) and retails at $24.00 per bottle (5oz).


AG Beach Bomb is said to "create bombshell-worthy waves that are natural, full of texture and incredibly sexy. This lightweight, salt-free cream is infused with keratin protein, silk amino acids and the Curl Creating Complex (C3) to condition and keep your hair healthy while you're looking good. A light coconut verbena fragrance transports you to the beach." This one definitely gave my hair a beachy look--- thick, messy texture that was soft and had a soft, pleasant scent. The only downside to this one was that it was sticky to the touch when drying in the hair... the other three did not feel sticky. Luckily, that feeling went away once my hair fully dried! Beach Bomb contains 5.4oz of product and retails for $22!

     Onto the final verdict... none of these are bad, like at all. I genuinely like all of them and it's hard to pick a favorite. For my personal taste, I still love the Sebastian Whipped Creme (because I love anything conditioning), but it can almost be a little too soft for the texturized look; so for this post, I'll say my number one is AG's Beach Bomb because it does not contain salt, is said to be conditioning with their C3 complex... and the smell is so, so nice! Have you tried these out? All of these can be found in JCP Salon's and online on JCPenney's website!


Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig