Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Beauty Battle: The Maybelline Show Down


      Dewy + Smooth or Matte + Poreless? That is what we are here to chat about! Let me start by saying I have owned the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation for quite awhile now and it is a seriously good foundation. I have my random skin troubles that affect how my foundation wears, but that never stops me from grabbing this one because it is just... it is just so damn good, ya'll! The Matte + Poreless is geared for normal to oily skin, and as someone who has combination/acne-prone skin, I can say this foundation is not too matte and it does not break me out! All good news. So! Lets get into this show down, shall we?

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless:
- For normal or oily skin
- 40 shades
- Lightweight
- Pore minimizing
- Mattifies and refines pores
- Features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores
- Leaves a natural, seamless finish
- Dermatologist tested, allergy tested, non-comedogenic

Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth:
- For normal to dry skin
- 16 shades
- Hydrates and smoothes skin texture
- Maybelline's smoothing concentrate hydrates rough patches
- Protects with SPF 18
- Luminous finish
- Dermatologist tested, allergy tested, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free



     I have both the Matte + Poreless and the Dewy + Smooth in the shade 110 Porcelain. Unfortunately, the same shade in the two different foundations are not a match. The Matte + Poreless is a fair shade with a neutral-yellow undertone. I have pink undertones but this particular shade still works for me! As for the Dewy + Smooth, the shade 110 Porcelain is darker and has an orange undertone to it on my skin. So, one bummer is that the shades between the two foundations are not alike... so if you are looking to grab the opposite foundation, you will need to go to a store to find your color match!

     That is just one negative, but focusing on the positives... they are both lightweight and comfortable! Lately, I have been more into BB Creams and luminous foundations simply because I always set my entire face with a powder and I think it looks more flattering when done over a dewy foundation. Personally, I feel Maybelline is one of thee best drug store brands... so if I can find my right shade in the Dewy + Smooth... I think we have my winner regardless of my combination/acne-prone skin type!

[Top: Dewy, Bottom: Matte ...first applied]

[Left: Dewy, Right: Matte ...dried down]


     If you want to see me try these both on and talk about them some more, head on over to my YouTube channel (linked in the header)!



Disclaimer: I did purchase the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation, but I received the Dewy + Smooth complimentary from Influenster! Neither Influenster or Maybelline are monetarily compensating me for a review of the foundations or a blog post!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig