Sunday, February 25, 2018

Nars | Orgasm 2.0


     If you haven't seen everywhere lately, Nars released liquid blushes! I personally love Nars blushes (the powders) and I do own a few ... Almeria, Final Cut, Gaiety, Liberte, and Orgasm! The liquid blush range currently contains four colors which are Dolce Vita, Luster, Orgasm, and Torrid. The liquid shades are also powder blush shades as well. Dolce Vita is described as a matte dusty rose, Luster is a sheer golden apricot, Orgasm is a sheer, warm pink with golden shimmer, and Torrid is a warm coral with golden shimmer. I would say these are extremely accurate descriptions, and they hold true for both the powder and liquid blushes... they were made to be the same color! The liquid blush retails for $30 (so does the powder) and you get 15 mL of product in the iconic Nars square bottle/matte black cap packaging (0.5 fl oz).



[The liquid blush is a pump top, I just untwisted it to show the color 
since the bottle has a semi-frosted look]

     Nars features a 'Product Story' that reads, "One drop. Won’t stop. Liquid blush effortlessly glides on skin for a lasting glow. One pump delivers the perfect amount of natural-looking color. Ideal for mixing textures: layer over powder blush for high-impact color, or apply first for a diffused effect. Go with the glow.

          -Buildable, blendable.
          -Lasting color.
          -Added Monoi and Tamanu oils, known for extra moisture and resilience.
          -Foolproof pump dispenser."

     These liquid blushes are very pigmented and hydrating. They add an immediate flush to the skin and blend out flawlessly with your fingertips. You can create a sheer wash of color or build it up to your desired pigmentation. After testing these out, Orgasm was the winner... which is not surprising since that is the only liquid shade I already own in the powder form! I got a lot of compliments when I topped the liquid blush with the powder (it added a soft-focus boost of color)! I did purchase mine at Sephora and below I show images of both products as well as a comparison shot!

[Left is the powder, right is the liquid]

     The powder does have more apparent shimmer in it whereas the liquid has more of a sheen.  The liquid bottle does have a pump to it and, as I mentioned previously, is buildable and easy to apply! I personally love both! If you were only looking to purchase just one, I would say go by your skin type-- if you are oily... stick to the powder, if you are normal... go with what is more practical for you (do you like a soft powder blush or a more noticeable liquid blush), if you are dry... definitely get the liquid blush! To round up the review... I find Orgasm to be one of the most universal shades Nars has especially since this looks amazing on the fairest of fair skin, which can be hard to find! If you own either blush type (in any color), what are your thoughts on it? I'd love to know!


Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig