Sunday, February 25, 2018

Skin Struggles Revealed


     Over the past month I have spoken about my skin on numerous occasions. It seemed like overnight I developed cystic acne on both sides on my face, which has never happened to me before. Like most teenagers, I had pimples on my skin here and there... and of course most would appear right around that time of the month, but this recent occurrence was different. I never had so much acne in a specific area of my face before, especially cystic acne spots. At first I blamed it on shaving my face (which is great exfoliation), but the timeline did not match up.

     I felt so uncomfortable with how my skin looked, I was searching for anything to help! I stopped shaving my face and hoped that would improve my skin, which did not help one bit! I was recommended the UFO (ultra-clarifying face oil) by Sunday Riley, and that really helped to draw out a lot of the bacteria, but it did not stop any new acne from popping up. It seemed as though for every one that disappeared, two came back in it's place. I had bumps and lumps everywhere. I was changing my pillowcase regularly and taking care of my skin with gentle face washes, an alcohol free toner, and a light moisturizer to make sure I wasn't forcing my skin to over produce oil. I was still a mess.


     My mom suggested going to the store and getting something geared specifically for acne. I purchased the AcneFree face wash and the AcneFree Terminator 10 spot treatment. That helped ever so slightly, but I was still finding new spots on my face everyday. Finally... my boyfriend suggested it was something I changed in my diet. I looked at when my acne started and tried to figure out what it could have been. The only thing that fit the timeline was when we started using Organic Grassmilk (milk from cows that have only been fed grass) instead of the normal milk we buy (Horizon Organic). That is it. Once I cut that out, within three days every lump and bump went flat. I still have the discoloration as it is healing, but it is so smooth.


     I am not sure what about the Grassmilk caused such a reaction on my face. I do not have a grass allergy that I know of... I can walk/sit/run/lay in grass with no issue, but consuming the product really caused a severe break out. Has this ever happened to you with a a certain food or drink? If so, let me know what it was! If you are consuming Grassmilk and notice your skin is breaking out, try cut it from your diet for a few days and let me know if you experience it clearing up! I can't be the only one!


Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig