Sunday, February 25, 2018

Dupes or Duds | ShopHush


     Welcome to my first ever comparison post! I was recently contacted by a website, ShopHush, and asked if I would like to film a video reviewing some items from their website. I was beyond interested, so after a little research... I selected four items and they sent them over to me! If you would like to watch the video, it is currently up on my YouTube channel! Not everything was my favorite, but I did love two palettes by Bad Habit Beauty. The palettes I fell in love with were "mock" palettes of the ever-so-popular Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance and Subculture palettes!
     Below I included images of both palettes. I would like to note that I do not own either of the ABH palettes, so I went into my local Sephora to get my photographs! I will include price point, color names, and weight in the immediate description... but scroll beyond the photos if you want my full review!


Top Photo: ABH "Modern Renaissance" ($42)
14 shadows in the palette; Net weight of 0.28 oz

-Shades left to right (top):
Tempera [Ultra-Matte]
Golden Ochre [Ultra-Matte]
Vermeer [Metallic]
Buon Fresco [Ultra-Matte]
Antique Bronze [Satin]
Love Letter [Ultra-Matte]
Cyprus Umber [Ultra-Matte]

-Shades left to right (bottom):
Raw Sienna [Ultra-Matte]
Burnt Orange [Ultra-Matte]
Primavera [Metallic]
Red Ochre [Ultra-Matte]
Venetian Red [Ultra-Matte]
Warm Taupe [Ultra-Matte]
Realgar [Ultra-Matte]


Bottom Photo: Bad Habit Beauty "Royals" ($10)
14 shadows in the palette; Net weight of 0.79 oz

-Shades left to right (top):
Queen [Metallic]
Treasury [Ultra-Matte]
Primrose [Ultra-Matte]
Noble [Ultra-Matte]
Honor [Satin]
Regal [Ultra-Matte]
Grand [Ultra-Matte]

-Shades left to right (bottom):
Crown [Metallic]
Opulent [Ultra-Matte]
Heir [Ultra-Matte]
Throne [Ultra-Matte]
Reign [Ultra-Matte]
Monarch [Ultra-Matte]
Majestic [Ultra-Matte]


Top Photo: ABH "Subculture" ($42)
14 shadows in the palette; Net weight of 0.28 oz

-Shades left to right (top):
Cube [Duo Chrome]
Dawn [Ultra-Matte]
Destiny [Ultra-Matte]
Adorn [Metallic]
All Star [Ultra-Matte]
Mercury [Ultra-Matte]
Axis [Ultra-Matte]

-Shades left to right (bottom):
Roxy [Ultra-Matte]
Electric [Duo Chrome]
Fudge [Ultra-Matte]
New Wave [Ultra-Matte]
Untamed [Ultra-Matte]
Edge [Ultra-Matte]
Rowdy [Ultra-Matte]


Bottom Photo: Bad Habit Beauty "Retro Love" ($10)
14 shadows in the palette; Net weight of 0.035 oz

-Shades left to right (top):
Psychedelic [Duo Chrome]
Icon [Duo Chrome]
Hippie [Ultra-Matte]
Pop [Ulta-Matte]
Rebel [Ultra-Matte]
Mod [Ultra-Matte]
Rock 'N' Roll [Ultra-Matte]

-Shades left to right (bottom):
Peace [Ultra-Matte]
Flower Powder [Ultra-Matte]
Youth [Ultra-Matte]
Revolution [Metallic]
Nostalgia [Ultra-Matte]
Fab [Ultra-Matte]
Free Love [Ultra-Matte]


     Both ABH palettes have a velvet-feel packaging which is seemingly luxurious, but I personally am not a fan of it because it gets so dirty. The palettes in Sephora looked awful! The ABH palettes both come with dual-sided brushes, which is a great bang for your buck... but as I have never used them, I cannot tell you if the brushes are even any good! Both Modern Renaissance and Subculture swatched very well; however, Subculture was milled very soft and has a lot of mixed reviews among consumers.

     The Bad Habit Beauty palettes are really giving ABH a run for their money. Both Royals & Retro Love retail at $10... and do you see those swatches?! The packages are cardboard, so that makes for an easy clean... and all four palettes (both palettes from both brands) have a mirror in them and a magnetic close mechanism. All four also have minor kick-up but they are extremely pigmented! It also seems as though Bad Habit took note on which shades to mimic in their palettes. The different formulas mirror the same color in the higher-end palettes, for example the color Electric (Subculture) and Icon (Retro Love) are a yellow-green duo chrome shadow.

     Overall, I have to say... I cannot believe the quality of these Bad Habit Beauty palettes. If you dreamt of having the Modern Renaissance or Subculture palette (or both), but do not feel like paying the whopping $42 for them, these $10 dupes are the real deal! Also! ShopHush gave me a code for 10% off. You can enter KELLY at checkout and get the palettes for $9, with free shipping if you purchase them in the ShopHush app! I can only say... GET ON IT because tutorials are to come!



Disclaimer: ShopHush was kind enough to send me some makeup to review, but all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig