Sunday, February 25, 2018

New Specs Sighted


     Well, after many try-ons via Warby Parker, I finally purchased a pair of glasses... but not from them. I have nothing bad to say about Warby though, I actually loved them! If you have never heard of Warby Parker, basically you go on their website and select five pairs of glasses to try on at home. They ship them to you with only a $1 hold on your card and you can try them on for up to five days (maybe a week, but I think five days) before sending them back! If you love a pair and decide to purchase, you can send them your script and they have a way to measure the frames online to customize the fit for you... and the lens/frame combo starts at only $95! For more information, definitely check out their website. They have a wide selection of eyeglasses and sunglasses for both men and women.

     Now if you are wondering "if you liked them so much... why didn't you buy from them?" Here's the thing... I was back and forth between four pairs on their site, and I wasn't the only one shopping for eyeglasses in my household. My mom decided to drag me along to LensCrafters with her so I could give her my opinion while she tried on glasses... and in the meantime of her getting the ones she loved, I found a pair I could not resist. They are by RayBan and they are a black frame with gold detailing (I wear them for distance). I previously posted a YouTube video about Luxottica making all these high-end eyeglasses for companies (Chanel, Ray-Ban, Dior, ect.) and basically ripping people off by charging hundreds of dollars for glasses that cost them under $20 to make, but RayBan is on the lower price point of the high-end eyeglasses, and I just felt like this pair was made for me... so I caved.

     Also, I had a few friends try these on and though they are not for the faint of heart, they seriously look cute on just about everybody! They are quirky and different, but that is what I like about them! I searched online to find my exact pair and the code is RB7097! Curious on what I paid? My eyeglasses have single-vision lenses with the standard anti-reflective coating, and since LensCrafters does not take my insurance so I had to utilize my out-of-network benefits... so all in all, with taxes, I paid just under $200 (and I used my tax return to pay for them)! It's a hard pill to swallow when going with a pair from Warby Parker would have saved me about $100, but these just stole my little nerdy heart.





Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig