Sunday, February 25, 2018

NYX HD Concealer | Review


     Today I decided it would be a great time to give an overall review/my thoughts on the NYX Hi Definition Photo Concealer Wand in CW 02 (Fair/Clair) since it is now empty! Normally, these are types of things I would make YouTube videos out of, but honestly, it would be less than two minutes long and I feel as though a blog post seems more appropriate! Let me start by saying I love NYX as a brand and their price-points are impeccable. I bought this concealer at an Ulta store near me, and some times the NYX brand is Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off... it wasn't this particular time, but sometimes!


The basic information on this concealer is as follows:
- Each tube is 0.11 oz.
- Mineral-Enriched
- Formulated without Talc and Parabens
- They retail for $4.99 at Ulta stores and at Ulta online (I know some Targets carries NYX as well and they are the same price there).
- There are 19 Skin-Colored Shades: Alabaster, Porcelain, Fair, Light, Nude Beige, Beige, Sand Beige, Medium, Glow, Fresh Beige, Golden, Caramel, Tan, Deep Golden, Nutmeg, Cappuccino, Cocoa, Deep Rich, & Espresso. These shades vary in their undertone, so I would suggest going to an Ulta/Target store to compare your skin tone to their shade selection!
- There are also 3 Color Correcting Shades: Yellow, Lavender, & Green. The basic theory on this is that yellow cancels out purple (dark circles), purple is great for sallow skin, and the green is used to cancel out redness!
- They are cruelty-free!



     I am very pale and the lightest shade in stock at the time of my purchase was CW 02 - Fair. I picked it up and it has a pink undertone, which is also my natural undertone. I was able to get away using this concealer, but I am sure the Alabaster or Porcelain shade would have provided me with both coverage and a subtle highlight under the eye. As for coverage, these little concealers get the job done. I would say they are light-to-medium coverage depending on how much one applies, but definitely more on the lighter side of that spectrum. Also, it dries pretty fast when applied to the skin so I blend mine out with a damp beauty blender.

     I always set my concealers to prevent creasing throughout the day, so I did not notice that it budged or creased to an unwearable amount. I am very facially expressional so nearly everything I wear will crease at least a tiny bit, so I do not fault this concealer! The texture and consistency of this product was smooth and creamy to start, but I noticed it ran out rather quick and once you get through the majority of the product, it does dry up quiet a bit in the tube. Deal breaker? No... it is only $4.99!

     Overall, I would say for the price it is a good concealer, and the color range makes it so everyone should be able to wear a shade (this is an assumption since I have only tried the one shade)! The only con I can point out is how fast it dries on the skin and in the tube, but again that is not the end of the world for me. Will I purchase it again? I won't say I would never because it is not a bad concealer, but I am currently trying out two different ones!


 [Indoor lighting]

[Window light]


Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig