Monday, February 26, 2018

High-End Hair Oils vs. L'Oreal Elvive


     Today I decided I would write up a blog post on hair oil today because... well, I felt like it! Last month I received an Influenster voxbox that contained the L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil for me to test out. Yes, it was free... but I was not paid or told I had to say anything special about the product. I did film a YouTube video on this hair oil but I also wanted to share a blog post comparing it to other oils I have as well! Here we go...

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil
     - 3.4 FL. OZ (100mL)
     - $6.99
Ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL / SUNFLOWER SEED OIL, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL / COCONUT OIL, GLYCINE SOJA OIL / SOYBEAN OIL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA EXTRACT / MATRICARIA FLOWER EXTRACT, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, GARDENIA TAHITENSIS FLOWER EXTRACT, HEXYL CINNAMAL, ROSA CANINA FLOWER EXTRACT, BISABOLOL, NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM EXTRACT / NELUMBIUM SPECIOSUM FLOWER EXTRACT, LINUM USITATISSIMUM FLOWER EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, BHT.

Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment
     - 4.2 FL. OZ (125mL)
     - $39.95
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxybenzoylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Green 6 (CI 61565), Red 17 (CI 26100), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Yellow 11 (CI 47000).

Biosilk Hydrating Therapy Maracuja Oil
     - 4 FL. OZ (118mL)
     - $23.10
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Passiflora Edulis (Maracuja) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Phenoxyethanol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, BCC12-Base.

Biosilk Silk Therapy (Original)
     - 5.64 FL. OZ (167mL)
     - $26.80
Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Sd Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol.

CHI Silk Infusion
     - 6 FL. OZ (177 mL)
     - $26.80
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Coumarin, Linalool, Geraniol.


     These are all my hair oils! Again, the L'Oreal Elvive Oil (shown first) was sent to me complimentary of Influenster to test out, but all the rest I purchased myself. Now... look at the prices of all the "high-end" oils. Not one of them is less than $20. Did you peek at the ingredient lists too? Match them up to the $6.99 oil. Yes... they all share some identical ingredients. It is crazy that we basically pay for the name because to be completely honest... that $6.99 L'Oreal oil  p e r f o r m s , honey. It is super lightweight and leaves my hair extremely shiny. Not a greasy shiny, just a pretty and healthy shine. It smells beautiful too, but it is nothing overpowering. 

     The L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil has quickly become one of my favorites. Since I own all these oils, of course I am going to use them all! I do not want to waste all the money I spent on these, but if you are looking for a hair oil that won't break the bank... definitely give the Elvive Oil a go. After trying it out, I would 100% purchase it with my own money. If you want to know more, you can check out my YouTube video where I go on, and on, and on about it! Just click the YouTube icon in the header, and I'll talk to you all soon!



Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored & all opinions are my own!
(This post was originally published on my previous blog forum, which I have since gotten rid of. You will now only find my blog posts here on BlogSpot/Blogger)!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig